Senior QA – Backend Automation (Bangalore)
Atimi is seeking a senior QA backend automation team lead for mobile and web app testing at our Bangalore office for a permanent, full-time position. You will be testing a variety of our world-class apps we build for our Fortune 5000 clients. Working in a highly supportive team of skilled developers and testers, you will drive the automation effort across consumer and enterprise apps.
- With support from a full time QAE lead- define QA Strategy and choose appropriate tools/frameworks for manual and automation testing
- Create and maintain backend automation frameworks and environments (RESTful, SOAP)
- Monitor production systems and assist in the analysis and resolution of incidents
- Provide communication and follow-through on development issues that manifest as a result of changes/deployments
- Supporting QA life cycle work for at least 2 scrum teams (oversight from fulltime QAE lead will be provided)
- Implement QA strategy and drive product quality processes for an international team
- Supporting full time QAE for analyzing requirements for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities
- Write test plans and cases. Perform manual and automated test testing
- Work with the QAE lead development team to ensure the highest quality releases
- Report test status to QAE lead, management and other stakeholders in a clean and consistent way
- Drive automation coverage to increase penetration
- Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team with “Build-in-Quality” Manta
- Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Minimum 4 years of experience testing technologies like RESTful APIs, Web Services using languages like Java, C#, SOAPUI with Groovy, UFT, POSTMAN
- Minimum 4 years of testing with automation tools such as Appium, Selenium, Postman, SOAP UI, Jmeter, REST assured)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in QA
- Good understanding of web applications, API and system architecture
- Experience using Git and CI tools such as Jenkins
- Identifying strategies for addressing API solution development and delivery
- Experience with Java unit-testing frameworks
- Experience with mobile app testing on iOS and Android
- Experience with testing web apps/websites
- Familiarity with microservices design patterns and service-oriented-architecture is a plus
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- Great communication skills especially when conveying the needs of QA to other team members
- Experience in applying QA best practices in a variety of projects
- Ability to contribute to improving QA best practices
The position MUST work out of our Bangalore office.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for review. All applications will be reviewed, but only those who are able to demonstrate the right skills will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Why Work for Atimi?
Find the work-life balance you have been craving with a flexible schedule, generous time off and convenient commute to work or option to work from home. Join a team where fun is encouraged with team building activities and Company events. You can also expect generous compensation along with awesome benefits so come to work in your comfy clothes, make yourself a cup of fresh ground coffee, and dive into your amazing career.
About Atimi Software
Hello, we’re Atimi. If you’ve got a smart phone or a computer, you’ve seen our work. You may not know our name, but you use our software – whether it’s on Apple, Android or Windows devices, you’re already familiar with what we do, you just don’t know it yet. We work with high profile companies that want to extend their brand reach. Our clients hire us to do the flagship work for major brands. We know what it takes to get noticed: over 60% of our apps have been featured by Apple in TV ads, iTunes advertising, in-store or in print ads. We work with Fortune 500 companies who want to be recognized for being innovative and want to ensure a true brand experience at every customer touch-point.
Fundamentally, Atimi believes in compensating people based on the value they provide. All of us are evaluated on the core skills we are able to demonstrate when doing our job. Once you demonstrate new skills there’s no reason that shouldn’t be recognized. We want to provide our team members with fast moving, cutting edge projects where everybody has a voice and nobody is concerned with ego or internal politics, so all of us are challenged to constantly improve.