Senior Native Android Developer (Vancouver)
Atimi is seeking an experienced native Android software developer to fill a position onsite at our client’s office in Vancouver, Canada. You believe in providing clients with top-notch development services, and are a seasoned native mobile developer, confident in your ability to produce quality solutions with clean design and code. You work well with colleagues, partners and clients, and have great communication skills.
- Proactive collaboration in the project team to help develop the product using your experience to help guide the team through the entire development lifecycle
- Planning, estimating, contributing to the architecture, coding, and development
- Refactoring and continuous improvements of the codebases is vital
- Taking responsibility of releases and contributing to the ongoing support of the live apps
- Looking beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build (DevOps)
- Delivering fair outcomes for our customers and ensure your own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- 3+ years of experience in developing native Android applications
- Hands on experience on using Kotlin to develop Android app
- Experience in Dagger2, Rxjava2, Retrofit2, familiar with third party lib integration
- A good eye for design, should be able to implement latest Material Design components and animations
- Very good with UI and Core Architectural Design patterns
- Solid experience in writing Unit Tests and UI tests; familiarity with Junit, Mockito and Espresso
- Familiarity with security concept and integration is must, like https, cert pinning, encryption and decryption and data protection
- Experience working in mixed-discipline project teams following an Agile methodology
- Experience working directly with clients and other project stakeholders to define and refine requirements
- Strong English skills (written and verbal)
Nice to Have
- Experience with more than one mobile platform
- Experience with setting up CI
- Experience in FinTech an asset
- Contributions to open source projects
- Creative hobbies and interests
This job is open to all candidates in Canada, but it is a requirement to be located onsite at the client’s Vancouver office. Relocation support is not provided.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (both in pdf) for review along with links and/or screenshots to apps/code you have developed when you apply. All applications will be reviewed, but only those who are able to demonstrate the right skills will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Why Work for Atimi?
Find the work-life balance you have been craving with a flexible schedule, generous time off and convenient commute to work or option to work from home. Join a team where fun is encouraged with team building activities and Company events. You can also expect generous compensation along with awesome benefits so come to work in your comfy clothes, make yourself a cup of fresh ground coffee, and dive into your amazing career.
About Atimi Software
Hello, we’re Atimi. If you’ve got a smart phone or a computer, you’ve seen our work. You may not know our name, but you use our software – whether it’s on Apple or Android devices, you’re already familiar with what we do, you just don’t know it yet. We work with high profile companies that want to extend their brand reach. Our clients hire us to do the flagship work for major brands. We know what it takes to get noticed: over 60% of our apps have been featured by Apple in TV ads, iTunes advertising, in-store or in print ads. We work with Fortune 500 companies who want to be recognized for being innovative and want to ensure a true brand experience at every customer touch-point.
Fundamentally, Atimi believes in compensating people based on the value they provide. All of us are evaluated on the core skills we are able to demonstrate when doing our job. Once you demonstrate new skills there’s no reason that shouldn’t be recognized. We want to provide developers with fast moving, cutting edge projects where everybody has a voice and nobody is concerned with ego or internal politics, so all of us are challenged to constantly improve.