Quality Assurance Automation Lead
Atimi is seeking a QA automation lead for mobile and web app automation. We have a position open in our Vancouver office as well as a position in which the work will be in Sydney, Australia initially for up to six months and then Vancouver, BC for the next six months, alternating between the two every six months. The positions require expertise in using Appium and Selenium to create automation frameworks and scripting test cases for various projects.
- Create automation test frameworks for mobile, web, and cross-platform testing
- Create well-structured, professional, production quality automation code
- Create, maintain, and execute automation test plans and test scripts
- Integrate frameworks and scripts with CI/CD systems
- Evaluate automation test cases and script status against milestone criteria
- Provide the Project Manager with effort estimates, work breakdown structures, and schedules for the automation QA needed on a project
- Designate tasks for team members
- Work with the Project Manager and Developer Lead to facilitate communication between departments
- Triage defects in conjunction with the manual QA lead, Project Manager, and Developer Lead
- Provide Project Management with qualitative and quantitative assessments of product quality
- Evaluate the performance of more junior QA Staff
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Highly skilled in the use of automation tools such as Appium, Selenium, XCUI and/or Espresso to automate test cases for Android, iOS, cross-platform and web
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a quality assurance role
- Ability to create effective and efficient test frameworks
- Ability to work with CI/CD process such as Jenkins and Git
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- Great communication skills especially when conveying the needs of QA to other team members
- Experience in applying QA best practices in a variety of projects
- Ability to contribute to improving QA best practices
The open positions are open to all candidates in Canada. For both positions, the successful candidates MUST work out of our Vancouver office when in Canada (relocation support is not provided). The open position for Sydney/Vancouver would also entail travel, at least six months per year at our client office in Sydney, Australia.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for review to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed, but only those who are able to demonstrate the right skills will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Why Work for Atimi?
Find the work-life balance you have been craving with a flexible schedule, generous time off and convenient commute to work or option to work from home. Join a team where fun is encouraged with team building activities and Company events. You can also expect generous compensation along with awesome benefits so come to work in your comfy clothes, make yourself a cup of fresh ground coffee, and dive into your amazing career.
About Atimi Software
Hello, we’re Atimi. If you’ve got a smart phone or a computer, you’ve seen our work. You may not know our name, but you use our software – whether it’s on Apple or Android devices, Blackberry or Windows, you’re already familiar with what we do, you just don’t know it yet. We work with high profile companies that want to extend their brand reach. Our clients hire us to do the flagship work for major brands. We know what it takes to get noticed: over 60% of our apps have been featured by Apple in TV ads, iTunes advertising, in-store or in print ads. We work with Fortune 500 companies who want to be recognized for being innovative and want to ensure a true brand experience at every customer touch-point.
Fundamentally, Atimi believes in compensating people based on the value they provide. All of us are evaluated on the core skills we are able to demonstrate when doing our job. Once you demonstrate new skills there’s no reason that shouldn’t be recognized. We want to provide our team members with fast moving, cutting edge projects where everybody has a voice and nobody is concerned with ego or internal politics, so all of us are challenged to constantly improve.