Project Manager (Vancouver)
Atimi Software is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to fill a permanent, full time position in our Vancouver office.
The Project Manager acts as a bridge between the client and our design and development teams throughout a project’s lifecycle. The successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience in managing projects suitable for top tier, Fortune 1000 class consumer and enterprise apps. The ideal candidate would have Product Owner expertise as well as deep familiarity with mobile apps.
You will be expected to develop and advance Atimi’s processes and best practices in app development. This includes ensuring that features are built in a way that solves the client’s problems and the ability to plan, monitor and control scope, and close off projects.A bonus would be additional experience with back end technologies, financial institutions, or work within a service company.
We will be looking for a candidate that gives us a strong feeling that they are really committed to design excellence throughout the project.
- Be a strategic partner and trusted advisor to Atimi’s clients
- Be viewed by Fortune 1000 class organizations as an expert in mobile product development
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs, and determine the best way to work with third parties
- Oversee, create, review, and maintain the requirements and associated project documents (proposals, contracts, design documents, schedules, billing and timesheets, and project and management reports)
- Drive the delivery of business value, communicate progress, elicit feedback, and enable stakeholder reviews
- Day-to-day organization of project development activities
- Proactively manage changes to project scope through Change Management processes (e.g., create, deliver, and track Change Orders)
- Use KPIs and product metrics to inform the team’s direction
- Conduct risk management, and mitigate and resolve all project issues, both technical and interpersonal
- Develop and champion Atimi’s processes and best practices
- Be familiar with common mobile development operating systems, development frameworks, and tools.
The successful applicant must have a proven history of success managing multiple projects concurrently and clear experience conforming to shifting priorities and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- 5+ years of experience in product management or technical solution delivery
- Advanced understanding of project life-cycle and theories
- Solid project delivery skills, with proven accomplishments leading cross-functional projects (front end and back end developers, quality assurance, user experience, etc.)
- Possess current Scrum Master and PMP certifications
- Proven project management, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with analytics, including working knowledge of mobile analytics tools and methods
- Deep experience with business analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization in balancing the constraints of scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources and risk in a project
- Passion in providing first-class customer experiences
- Experience working or consulting for a service-based software development firm
- Team oriented, with strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, virtual and live communication skills in English. Any further screening will be at the hiring level
- Knowledge of MS Project and/or Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Sales or sales support experience is a plus
- Background as a developer or in product testing is a plus
- Master’s degree/MBA is considered an asset
- Deep curiosity, especially about technology topics in general and mobile apps in particular; with a desire to figure out how to solve business problems using apps
This job is open to all candidates in Canada, but preference is given to those who can work out of our Vancouver office. Relocation support is not provided. Currently, we are all working from home. In the future, you will need to be able to work at our down town Vancouver office.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (both in pdf) for review along with links and/or screenshots to apps/code you have developed when you apply. All applications will be reviewed, but only those who are able to demonstrate the right skills will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Why Work for Atimi?
Find the work-life balance you have been craving with a flexible schedule, generous time off and convenient commute to work or option to work from home. Join a team where fun is encouraged with team building activities and Company events. You can also expect generous compensation along with awesome benefits so come to work in your comfy clothes, make yourself a cup of fresh ground coffee, and dive into your amazing career.
About Atimi Software
Hello, we’re Atimi. If you’ve got a smart phone or a computer, you’ve seen our work. You may not know our name, but you use our software – whether it’s on Apple or Android devices, you’re already familiar with what we do, you just don’t know it yet. We work with high profile companies that want to extend their brand reach. Our clients hire us to do the flagship work for major brands. We know what it takes to get noticed: over 60% of our apps have been featured by Apple in TV ads, iTunes advertising, in-store or in print ads. We work with Fortune 500 companies who want to be recognized for being innovative and want to ensure a true brand experience at every customer touch-point.
Fundamentally, Atimi believes in compensating people based on the value they provide. All of us are evaluated on the core skills we are able to demonstrate when doing our job. Once you demonstrate new skills there’s no reason that shouldn’t be recognized. We want to provide developers with fast moving, cutting edge projects where everybody has a voice and nobody is concerned with ego or internal politics, so all of us are challenged to constantly improve.