Atimi Software is currently seeking an experienced Mobile Strategist to fill a permanent, full time position in our Vancouver office.
The Mobile Strategist acts as a bridge between the client and our design and development teams throughout a project’s lifecycle. The successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience in mobile product strategy and project management for top tier, Fortune 1000 class consumer and enterprise apps.
You will be expected to learn and advance Atimi’s processes and best practices in app development. This includes ensuring that features are built in a way that solves the client’s problems and the ability to plan, monitor scope, and close off projects.
A thorough understanding of the pros and cons of various app features, mobile UX design, development frameworks (native, hybrid, and progressive web), third party SDKs, uptake and retention strategies, and security and regulatory issues is expected. A bonus would be additional experience with web development, financial institutions, or work within a service company.
We will be looking for a candidate that gives us a strong feeling that they are really committed to design excellence throughout the project.
- Be a strategic partner and trusted advisor to Atimi’s clients
- Be viewed by Fortune 1000 class organizations as an expert in mobile product development
- Conduct feasibility assessments, gap analysis, SWOT analysis, and app flow evaluations
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements using best practice methods and tools
- Provide a high level of analytical support for business case development
- Provide the implementation strategy that meets the client’s goals
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Oversee, create, review, and maintain the requirements and associated project documents
- Drive the delivery of business value, communicate progress, elicit feedback, and enable stakeholder reviews
- Proactively manage changes to project scope through Change Management processes (e.g., create, deliver, and track Change Orders)
- Use KPIs and product metrics to inform the team’s direction
- Conduct risk management, and mitigate and resolve all project issues, both technical and interpersonal
- Develop and champion Atimi’s processes and best practices
The successful applicant must have a proven history of success managing multiple projects concurrently and clear experience conforming to shifting priorities and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- 5+ years of experience in product management or technical solution delivery, with at least 2 years of mobile strategist or mobile product management experience
- Excellent knowledge of the customer journey in mobile, across multiple verticals
- Solid project delivery skills, with proven accomplishments leading cross-functional projects
- Experience with analytics, including working knowledge of mobile analytics tools and methods
- Deep experience with business analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization in balancing the constraints of scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources and risk in a project
- Passion in providing first-class customer experiences
- Experience working or consulting for a service-based software development firm
- Team oriented, with strong leadership and organizational skills
- Willing to travel as this position will require travel to client offices
- Excellent written, verbal, virtual and live communication skills in English
- Knowledge of MS Project and/or Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Sales or sales support experience is a plus
- Background as a developer or in product testing is a plus
- Master’s degree/MBA is considered an asset
This job is open to all candidates in Canada, but preference is given to those who can work out of our Vancouver office. Relocation support is not provided.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for review along with links and/or screenshots to apps/code you have developed by emailing them to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed, but only those who are able to demonstrate the right skills will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Why Work for Atimi?
Find the work-life balance you have been craving with a flexible schedule, generous time off and convenient commute to work or option to work from home. Join a team where fun is encouraged with team building activities and Company events. You can also expect generous compensation along with awesome benefits so come to work in your comfy clothes, make yourself a cup of fresh ground coffee, and dive into your amazing career.
About Atimi Software
Hello, we’re Atimi! We are experts in native, hybrid and progressive web apps. Major brands choose us for our deep mobile experience and, above all else, the high quality of apps we deliver. We’re also proud to say that Atimi is one of only a handful of Apple Mobility Partners in North America.
Fundamentally, Atimi believes in compensating people based on the value they provide. All of us are evaluated on the core skills we are able to demonstrate when doing our job. Once you demonstrate new skills there’s no reason that shouldn’t be recognized. We want to provide developers with fast moving, cutting edge projects where everybody has a voice and nobody is concerned with ego or internal politics, so all of us are challenged to constantly improve.