Full Stack Java Developer (Toronto)
Atimi is seeking an experienced full stack Java software developer to fill a position in Toronto, Canada. You believe in providing clients with top-notch development services, and are a seasoned Java developer with at least 6 years of experience, confident in your ability to produce quality solutions with clean design and code. You work well with colleagues, partners and clients, and have great communication skills.
- Proactive collaboration in the project team to help develop the product using your experience to help guide the team through the entire development lifecycle
- Ensuring code quality and governance
- Ensuring engineers follow any patterns/designs set out and agreed with Architects and Team Leads
- Planning, estimating, contributing to the architecture, coding, and development
- Refactoring and continuous improvements of the codebases
- Ensuring that technical decisions and information is communicated thoroughly to the global team
- Taking responsibility of releases and contributing to the ongoing support of the live apps
- Looking beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build (DevOPs)
- Delivering fair outcomes for our customers, ensuring conduct maintains a high levels of professionalism
- 8+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- 6+ years developing fullstack applications using Java
- 6+ designing and using REST and/or SOAP APIs
- Experience or familiarity with technologies such as JSP, JPA, JBoss, DAM, Bootstrap, Hibernate, Spring
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Strong development skills in OO and modern architectural patterns
- Experience working in mixed-discipline project teams following an Agile methodology
- Experience working directly with clients and other project stakeholders to define and refine requirements
- Strong English skills (written and verbal)
Nice to Have
- Experience with shell scripting, command-line tools
- Services industry experience
- Creative hobbies and interests
This job is open to all candidates in Canada, but it is a requirement to be located onsite at the Vancouver office. Relocation support is not provided.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in PDF) for review along with links and/or screenshots to apps/code you have developed when you apply. All applications will be reviewed, but only those who are able to demonstrate the right skills will be contacted for an interview.
Why Work for Atimi?
Find the work-life balance you have been craving with a flexible schedule, generous time off and convenient commute to work or option to work from home. Join a team where fun is encouraged with team building activities and Company events. You can also expect generous compensation along with awesome benefits so come to work in your comfy clothes, make yourself a cup of fresh ground coffee, and dive into your amazing career.
About Atimi Software
Hello, we’re Atimi. If you’ve got a smart phone or a computer, you’ve seen our work. You may not know our name, but you use our software – whether it’s on Apple or Android devices, you’re already familiar with what we do, you just don’t know it yet. We work with high profile companies that want to extend their brand reach. Our clients hire us to do the flagship work for major brands. We know what it takes to get noticed: over 60% of our apps have been featured by Apple in TV ads, iTunes advertising, in-store or in print ads. We work with Fortune 500 companies who want to be recognized for being innovative and want to ensure a true brand experience at every customer touch-point.
Fundamentally, Atimi believes in compensating people based on the value they provide. All of us are evaluated on the core skills we are able to demonstrate when doing our job. Once you demonstrate new skills there’s no reason that shouldn’t be recognized. We want to provide developers with fast moving, cutting edge projects where everybody has a voice and nobody is concerned with ego or internal politics, so all of us are challenged to constantly improve.