DevOps Engineer (Vancouver)
Atimi is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to fill a position in our head office in Vancouver, Canada.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated individual who is comfortable building custom tooling, writing documentation that scales across multiple teams and can identify, design and build automated solutions to existing manual processes.
- Monitor, maintain and extend the existing in house Mobile CI pipeline (Jenkins & Vagrant) and related services
- Cloud Platform expert – able to run, configure, and design the system. (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
- Build and extend tooling to fuel productivity throughout the mobile teams
- Define dashboards to monitor production services
- Configure altering and monitoring on live systems
- Involved in incident management and supporting production systems
- Provide support to the development teams
- Actively participate in the Mobile Engineering Discipline and associated communities
- Expand the CI capability
- Support procurement of external services
- Build tooling to support automated app releases
- Build custom tooling for our development teams
- Comfortable with a variety of *AAS options and when to use them
- Engage with development teams to identify common problems and solutions
- 8-10 years DevOps Experience
- Solid working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Bash scripting skills
- Solid experience in a Mobile Engineering environment
- Solid understanding of containers and coordinators such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Working experience with the continuous delivery of Mobile applications
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics or Prometheus
- Knowledge of JVM (memory spaces)
- Working knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of Java
- Troubleshooting skills
- Performance testing
Nice to Have
- Services industry experience
- Creative hobbies and interests
- Golang familiarity
This job is open to all candidates in Canada, but it is a requirement to be located onsite at the client’s Vancouver office. Relocation support is not provided.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (both in pdf) for review along with links and/or screenshots to apps/code you have developed uploading them when you apply. All applications will be reviewed, but only those who are able to demonstrate the right skills will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Why Work for Atimi?
Find the work-life balance you have been craving with a flexible schedule, generous time off and convenient commute to work or option to work from home. Join a team where fun is encouraged with team building activities and Company events. You can also expect generous compensation along with awesome benefits so come to work in your comfy clothes, make yourself a cup of fresh ground coffee, and dive into your amazing career.
About Atimi Software
Hello, we’re Atimi. If you’ve got a smart phone or a computer, you’ve seen our work. You may not know our name, but you use our software – whether it’s on Apple or Android devices, you’re already familiar with what we do, you just don’t know it yet. We work with high profile companies that want to extend their brand reach. Our clients hire us to do the flagship work for major brands. We know what it takes to get noticed: over 60% of our apps have been featured by Apple in TV ads, iTunes advertising, in-store or in print ads. We work with Fortune 500 companies who want to be recognized for being innovative and want to ensure a true brand experience at every customer touch-point.
Fundamentally, Atimi believes in compensating people based on the value they provide. All of us are evaluated on the core skills we are able to demonstrate when doing our job. Once you demonstrate new skills there’s no reason that shouldn’t be recognized. We want to provide developers with fast moving, cutting edge projects where everybody has a voice and nobody is concerned with ego or internal politics, so all of us are challenged to constantly improve.